Welcome, Guest: Register / Login / Trending / Recent / News
Stats: 46,781 members, 87,338 topics. Date:   Sunday 17th of February 2019 08:38 PM

Brutal Truth About Relationships - Romance - UpGhana

UpGhana Forum / Romance / Brutal Truth About Relationships (6 Posts | 530 Views)

(1) (Go Down)

ADD COMMENT

Brutal Truth About Relationships by valkaka(m) : 3:54 am On Mar 23

Now, sometimes relationships just don’t work. Abusive boy/girlfriends will not stop being abusive. You cannot force someone to love you or put in effort if they don’t want to. You have to know if it’s worth fighting for, and that can be difficult. Don't take anything I say to mean that you should stay in a relationship that is one sided or toxic or abusive.Relationships require mutual respect. But as long as you both respect each other as human beings…

My brutal truth is that relationships require work. So much work. Difficult work.They require that you truly and honestly assess YOUR OWN behavior, not just your partners. They require that you compromise. (I mean it actually compromise) They require admitting when you are wrong. I know, this can be very difficult. They require learning how another person thinks. You cannot assume the reason someone else is doing something.Don’t Make Assumptions.” When you communicate clearly with each other you avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. When you assume, you make as ass out of… well, you know.

They require accepting that not everything is about you. Of course, sometimes it is about you. But sometimes it’s about your partner. Sometimes it’s about neither or both of you. All you can do is support each other. You have to decide what’s really important to you. What is worth the fight and what isn’t. This will be different for everyone. The only way you can figure it out is by…TALKING.

Because here’s the real scary truth. Relationships require brutal honesty. Honesty with yourself and with each other.

You can’t try to change who you are to make them happy. You can change habits for a more peaceful coexistence, but you cannot change yourself. This goes the other way too. You can’t change your partner to who you want them to be. They are who they are. If you want to change them that much…why are you with them? (That’s being honest with yourself)Recognize when you are being unreasonable and admit it. (That’s being honest with yourself).If you both truly love and care about each other, you’ll each want to give more than you receive. On the other hand, when the ratio of give to take is perpetually unbalanced, it’s time to re-evaluate the health of the relationship.You will fight.If you do not fight ,then neither of you is invested enough in the relationship to make it last. Comparing your partner to another is the surest way to kill your relationship.When something really upsets you, don’t ignore it, or give the cold shoulder and expect them to figure it out, or take it out in other ways like being passive aggressive or whatever. Tell them what is upsetting you and more importantly WHY it upsets you.

thanks for reading.feel free to add yours.

10 Categories Of Ladies You Should Not Deflower If You Won't Marry Them   Akosua Lawrencia Needs a Gh guy for serious relationship   (Episode 5) Heart Of Gold… A Tale Of Love And Betrayal  

Re: Brutal Truth About Relationships by Bigkwame(m) : 3:59 am On Mar 23

Nice read. Welcome back Masa. we missed you

Re: Brutal Truth About Relationships by valkaka(m) : 4:08 am On Mar 23

lol,thanks,missed you guys too,i travelled though ,proud to be back.

Re: Brutal Truth About Relationships by quacojr(m) : 12:53 pm On Mar 23

Very educative! The little i will add is, we have to always try our very best to see the good qualities that attracted us to them. Having such a mindset will help us see more of those qualities. Sustaining a relationship requires a conscious effort and hard work.

Re: Brutal Truth About Relationships by quacojr(m) : 12:54 pm On Mar 23

Very educative! The little i will add is, we have to always try our very best to see the good qualities that attracted us to them. Having such a mindset will help us see more of those qualities. Sustaining a relationship requires a conscious effort and hard work.

Re: Brutal Truth About Relationships by Duan12(m) : 12:47 pm On Apr 10

True talk

(1)

ADD COMMENT

Viewing this topic: 3 guests viewing this topic

(Go Up)

UpGhana - Copyright © 2017 . All rights reserved. Follow upghana on Facebook and Twitter
Inbox NanaAma If you have any question
Disclaimer: Every UpGhana member is solely responsiblefor anything that he/she posts or uploads on UpGhana.